Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Leaving.

I stared out of the window. The rain was washing down the road, the trees, everything.. If only it could also wash away the pain in my heart.. I looked at my reflection on the window. I could see my pale face mirrored like a ghostly-white colour. The purplish circles under my eyes had been growing larger the past few days, making me look like an un-fed vampire. I could distiguish the sorrow from the rest of the feelings mirrored in my eyes. Pain, and loss and sadness, altogether mixed  into a black, bottomless bowl of unpleasant emotions. The drops of the rain on the window matched the tears rolling down from my eyes. My heart was aching. Heart-break was actually a physical pain. It really excisted. I could feel the pain whirling on the inside, breaking me apart. The black cascade of my hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail. I didn't care how I looked. He wouldn't be around to see me anymore.
He was leaving. Again.
It felt like he was taking a piece of my heart with him. A piece I wouldn't want to take back. That one piece I'd want him to have forever. I knew it had to end this way from the start. The only happy ending I've known, is the one in fairytales. I just wished he wouldn't have to go. But it was his choice, his future unfolding in front of him. He had to walk his path.
Maybe one day I'd be ready to face the truth; my path was different. Our worlds were the same, and yet different in a strange way. Fused together like one, but still not colliding. No matter what I tried to glue them together, they just repelled each other, like same charges.

"So wide the world, can love remeber how to get me home to you,someday? We'll be together again, or just a dream in the end? [..] I've found a world where love and dreams and darkness all collide. Maybe this time, we can leave our broken world behind."
-together again ~ Evanescence



[P.S. all facts are fictional]

No comments:

Post a Comment